Vehicle Application: 2016+ Civic 1.5T hatchback/sedan/coupe incuding Si model (FK7/FC1/FC3)
It’s no secret that Honda’s 1.5L turbo Civic is extremely susceptible to heat-soak, especially when retaining the factory intercooler. Excessive heat-soak increases the risk of detonation and causes major power-loss due to high charge air and cylinder temperatures. These issues become even more prevalent with spirited driving and/or increased power outputs.
The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 550+ horsepower rated (though we have pushed 600+) 25.6x4x6.3” bar-and-plate bar-and-plate core and machined billet aluminum end tanks!
PRL's upgraded charge pipe kit utilizes smooth flowing, larger inner diameter hot (1.50" factory compared to 2.00") and cold-side (1.5" factory compared to 2.5") for increased airflow and factory diameter hot-side outlet to aid in turbocharger spool. 4-ply silicone couplers are used throughout our design for a couple of reasons:
- Heat-soak reduction: Silicone hose offers extremely low thermal heat transfer properties, especially in comparison to steel or aluminum.
- Strength and rigidity: The rubber hoses used from the factory are known to experience expansion, which worsens as boost is increased. In time, the rubber construct weakens, causing increased likeliness of a boost leak. Also, we have managed to melt the factory rubber hose a handful of times during our track adventures on our shop car. Our high-temp, 4-ply silicone with handle the high temperatures of the turbocharger much better than the factory rubber hose(s).
- Smooth airflow: Custom molded silicone allows us to offer much higher flowing bends than we could with metal tubing.
- Optimal fitment: We have found that the factory rubbers hoses don't offer the most desirable fitment, especially when paired with an aftermarket radiator. Our silicone hose(s) offer even better fitment than factory.
Kits will come with all hardware needed for a seamless install.
- 1 x Intercooler Assembly w/ Billet End Tanks
- 2 x Air Guides w/ Stainless Hardware
- 2 x Billet Aluminum Factory Charge Pipe Adapters
- 1 x Cardboard Stencil w/ “PRL” Logo
- 1 x Hot Side Charge Pipe
- 1 x Cold Side Charge Pipe w/ Methanol Injection Bung & Machined Billet Aluminum Flange
- 1x -4AN O-Ring to 1/4" Hose Barb (Pre-Installed in Cold Side Charge Pipe)
- 1 x 1/8” NPT Pipe Plug (Pre-Installed in Methanol Injection Bung)
- 1 x Mounting Bracket for Cold Side Charge Pipe
- 4 x 4-Ply Silicone Coupler
- 8 x 304 Stainless Steel Worm Clamp
- 2 x Charge Pipe Adapters
- Does not require a tune!
- 9 horsepower & 3 ft/lb torque gains by simply bolting on
- 50+ F degree drop in post charge air temperature at peak
- Average of 36 F degree drop in post charge air temperature
- Increased efficiency & consistency in power delivery
- Increased engine safety
- PRL performance results click HERE
Note: Removal of the lower factory intake air box damper is recommended for optimal fitment.