Vehicle Application: 2017+ Civic Type R (FK8) (LHD/RHD, INTL Models)
It’s no secret that Honda’s 2.0L turbo Civic is extremely susceptible to heat-soak, especially when retaining the factory intercooler. Excessive heat-soak increases the risk of detonation and causes major power-loss due to high charge air and cylinder temperatures. These issues become even more prevalent with spirited driving and/or increased power outputs.
The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 26.5 x 3.5 x 7.25" 550+ horsepower rated bar-and-plate core. Our intercooler core which increases surface area by 85% and internal flow by 83% to allow optimal cooling and airflow. Billet machined aluminum end tanks maximize efficiency while looking as smooth as they flow!
This intercooler utilizes factory mounting spots with our billet machined end tanks as well as all factory air ducts/shrouds. To maintain consistency with most of our PRL product line, no cutting, fitting or trimming is required. Kits will come with all hardware needed for a seamless install.
- 1 x Intercooler Assembly
- 1 x Cardboard Stencil w/ “PRL” Logo
- 2 x Buna O-Ring
- Increased turbocharger spool
- 3 horsepower & 11 ft/lb torque gains by simply bolting on
- Major mid-range power gains
- 50+ F degree drop in post charge air temperature at peak
- Average of 32 F degree drop in post charge air temperature
- Increased efficiency & consistency in power delivery
- Increased engine safety
- PRL performance results click HERE
Does not require a tune!
Current design retains OEM mounting hardware
Compatible with factory charge piping but for best results pair with PRL's charge pipe upgrade kit.