Ships in 1-5 Business Days.
Vehicle Applications: 88-00 Civic, 90-01 Integra, 00-09 S2000
The Karcepts spherical upper shock mounts (aka top hats) are designed to fit 1988-2000 Civic / 1994-2001 Integra / 2000-2009 S2000 and eliminate friction and binding caused by typical rubber/poly shock mounts. Karcepts has observed certain aftermarket poly mounts contributing to over 50lbs of shock bind due to the inability to articulate the suspension freely throughout its motion thus the creation of these upper shock mounts.
Karcepts spherical top hats MUST be used in conjunction with an upper spring perch, either supplied by the shock provider or made by Karcepts. An upper spring perch is fitted to the shock shaft and mates wtih the top of the coil spring, keeping spring motion always in-line with the shock body. A Karcepts Spherical Top Hat is to be mounted above the upper spring perch and will articulate independently up to +/- 9 degrees with its built-in spherical bearing. NEVER mate a coil spring directly to the bottom of a Karcepts spherical top hat - this is not a fixed hat setup!
Use Karcepts (P/N: KSTH-H-XX) ONLY when the shocks being utilized already includes upper spring perches. These shocks assume usage of spherical bearing top hats. Typically, only high end ($3k+) shocks such as MCS, Moton, JRZ, AST, or Penske will include the required upper spring perches. After placing your order with this option, please email us your specific shock brand and model to be used. Be prepared to provide us all pin top dimensions in order to guarantee proper fitment.
Use Karcepts (P/N: KSTH-H-2.25P, KSTH-H-2.50P, or KSTH-H-60P) ONLY with coilovers or coilover sleeves that are intended to work with the factory Honda top hats. These are ideal for setups such as Ground Control, Skunk2, Strange Engineering, Progress, and any other setup that assume usage of an OE Honda Top Hat. All Karcepts spherical top hats purchased with Karcepts upper spring perches are designed to fit any 10mm or 12mm shock pin top. They can be used with OE shocks, Koni shocks, Bilstein shocks, or any of the brands listed above, along with many others, as long as the shock is designed to fit OE Honda top hats. DO NOT buy this product if your coilover uses an integrated non-factory Honda top hat, as we cannot guarantee fitment. No dimensional pin top information is needed; however, the end user must measure (or ask the suspension provider for) the inner diameter (I.D.) of the spring in order to select the proper size Karcepts Upper Spring Perches to be included.
Karcepts upper spring perches are only available for 2.25", 2.5", and 60mm springs.
SOLD IN PAIRS.
- Top hat motion is independent of spring compression axis (coaxial)
- Convert fixed spring perch designs to a coaxial setup, ensuring springs are compressed squarely and in-line with the shock regardless of suspension angle
- Eliminate friction and binding caused by rubber/poly top hats. Karcepts have observed certain aftermarket poly designs contributing to over 50lbs of shock bind due to the inability to articulate the suspension freely throughout its motion
- +/- 9 degrees of top hat articulation
- Prevent side loads on shock pistons and seals
- Increase spring rate linearity
- Large 3/4" heat treated and PTFE lined spherical bearings utilized for long life and quiet operation