Ships in 1-5 Business Days
Vehicle Application: 2017+ Civic Type R FK8
The K20C engine generates 320ps with 2.0 displacement; therefore, the vehicle is equipped with a water-cooled oil cooler to stabilize the extreme high engine output. However, under circuit driving, the temperature of both oil and water rise sharply because adequate heat radiation cannot be obtained, and fail safe mode becomes activated.
Adding HKS air cooling type oil cooler kit provides high heat exchange efficiency to suppress the temperature rise not only of the oil but also the water. HKS oil cooler kit includes a special aluminum air guide.
- Newly developed 48mm wide 9-layper oil cooler core and special air duct to extract the maximum performance are utilized and mounted to the inside of the inner fender.
- The oil pump’s pulsation noise generated by increase of engine rotation sometimes transmits to the vehicle interior through the high pressure-resistant stainless mesh hose. HKS oil cooler kit has the insulator to substantially reduce this pulsation noise.
- The attachment has a thermostat to restrain excessive cooling of the part.
- Vehicle modification required to install this kit is minimized. (Modification of back of the bumper, inner fender, and brake duct are only required.)
- Core size: 200x122.5x48
- Core location: inside right fender
- Type: S Type (sandwich type mounted at oem filter location)
- Hose site: -10AN
- Standard installation time: 4 hours
- Aluminum air guide is included
Oil Temperature Controlled by Thermostat
HKS Oil Coolers use high performance cooling cores; so there is the possibility of overcooling which is prevented by the use of a thermostat (some vehicles excluded). This thermostat has high response and able to react quickly to change of oil temperature. Once oil temperature reaches the set level, the oil will flow through the cooler core but bypasses when temperatures drop lower. This allows engine oil to be maintained at the ideal temperature.
* Thermostat Opening Temperature 70℃ (±3℃)
* Thermostat Full Open Temperature 80℃ (±3℃)
Thermostat relief feature allows for safe operation in times of emergency
In cases where the core or lines become blocked and the oil pressure rises, the thermostat will bypass the core to maintain the correct oil pressure and prevent damage to the oil lines and fittings
Stainless braided hoses chosen for increasing durability
Hose lengths and fitting types are tailored to each vehicle application to ensure easy and tidy fitting while preventing connection errors.
HKS Oil Cooler Kit S Type is a sandwich type which has a built-in thermostat attachment.
The core on the above photo is different from the actual core included in a kit.
HKS Oil Cooler S Type included a built-in thermostat attachment which is held in place by the oil filter and provides superior cost performance. Minimum number of components allows simple installation.
[ Oil Temperature Meter: Oil Pressure Gauge Installation Hole]
Adaptor Thermo: M12×P1.25 (1hole) , PT1/8 (1 hole)
Note on Installation of Universal Oil Cooler Kit
Before Purchasing the Product
- There are inapplicable vehicles depending on vehicles' specifications.
- Check the followings to make sure the kit is compatible with your vehicle.
1. Screw Size for Oil Filter Installation
The screw size must be 3/4-16UNF or M20×P=1.5.
2. Clearance for Attachment Installation
To install the engine block attachment, adequate clearance is required. See the diagrams below. (In unit of mm)
3. Oil Filter
The screw can be installed properly as shown in the diagram on the right.