Ships in 1-5 Business Days
The CD-7/CD-7L color digital displays feature a super bright, high contrast, sunlight readable display and include an integrated glare diffuser and shade hood so that they are readable in even the brightest daylight conditions. They are designed to accept channels from CAN bus connections and do not include analog inputs.
Two CAN bus channels are included so that it can receive and collect data from AEMnet enabled devices such as the Infinity ECU, Series 2 EMS or EMS-4, and 3rd Party Devices, including PDM’s, CAN sensor modules and programmable engine management systems.The CD-7 is ECU CAN ready and does not require external modules for CAN to CAN communication, just load your configuration and go! All channels can be named in virtually any language so that the information displayed makes sense to the user when displayed, whether on the main screens or warning alerts.
Third-party systems will require download of 3rd party DBC CAN bus protocol files for proper operation if they are not included in our setup software. AEM currently has over 150 validated 3rd party applications, and offer a CD-7 Power Cable to simplify the installation of 3rd party devices. They have also developed 3rd Party Plug & Play Adapter Cables for certain applications
Seven ultra-bright LEDs span the top of the display housing for RPM and shift light indication. Users can program them to ascend in specific increments based on RPM range and flash when it is time to shift. Brightness is user programmable on the fixed color LEDs. Two large buttons are included on the face of the display, allowing easy page changing and memory resetting even with driving gloves on. These button functions are also duplicated on the rear connector allowing the user to mount remote buttons on the steering wheel if desired. Two additional programmable LEDs are located above the toggle buttons on the sides of the housing.
- Full color 7” screen with 800x480 resolution
- Direct sunlight readable - 1000cd/m2 brightness and anti-glare filter
- IP65 water resistance allows for operation in boats and motorcycles without worry
- Accepts channels from two separate user programmable CAN bus connections – works with AEMnet enabled devices and 3rd party devices side by side
- ECU CAN bus ready - no external modules needed for CAN to CAN communication!
- Available with or without 200Mb internal logging (up to 1,000Hz/channel)
- Seven programmable pages including four Main pages, Alarm, On-Change and Start-up pages
- Dedicated Alarm page quickly identifies problems (user defined)
- Unique On-Change page can be used to identify map switching for boost, traction, lap times, etc.
- Use included page templates and input your channels and text in virtually any language, or create your own custom page templates
- Free DashDesign Graphics Editor software
- Seven LED RPM/shift light indicators on top of the housing (programmable and dimmable)
- Two programmable LEDs above toggle buttons on sides of housing
- Available as package with VDM to add GPS for track mapping & lap times, accelerometer for longitudinal, lateral and vertical G-loads and gyroscope for roll, pitch and yaw
- Add our GPS for track mapping and lap times (sold separately)
- Odometer function
- Over 200 supplied fully programmable warning icons, and you can add your own
- ‘Headlight-in’ connection dims the dash and LEDs during night operation
- Two extra switch inputs included for displaying user-triggered events (blinkers, high beams etc.)
- User supplied graphics can be changed based on channel values (up to the full screen size)
- Convert CAN bus channel values to user-defined text